A leading B2B software solution provider is looking for a Project Manager with previous exposure delivering software projects to join their expanding team.
- To project manage small and low risk projects from project initiation through to closure.
- Responsibility for ensuring projects are on track and to within the agreed budget.
- Projects will include Client Implementations, Business Change and Product Development.
- This role will also carry out project administration duties to ensure internal processes are adhered to.
- End to end project management of small, low risk projects from project set up through to closure. This will include; working with the Account Manager /CEO / Operations Manager to determine the scope, delivery scales, and financial costings of a project.
- Build and keep up to date a project plan to be agreed with the client and lead technical delivery consultant
- Ensure the project is resourced efficiently taking into account resource capacity and skills.
- Monitor delivery of the project on a daily basis to ensure the project is completed on time, scope and to agreed budget.
- Escalate any risk or issues impacting the delivery of the project to the Head of Operations
- Manage the client to ensure deliverables are met and if not the plan impact, risks and issues are communicated.
- Manage any changes to the project by following the change request process
- Complete weekly status reports to provide the Head of Operations with a temperature check on project delivery
- Ensure projects are invoiced monthly as required
- Ensure all company processes are followed as outlined (included gates project management procedures)
- Test / review delivered work where required
- Support the Head of Operations or CEO with project administration activities as required, including;
- Ensuring resource planned leave is entered in the project management tool
- Ensuring task administration is followed (deliverables outlined, active tasks are only data in the past if they are still being worked on or are blocked)
- Reviewing resource capacity and liaising with the appropriate project managers to review deliverables where resources are over/under
- Assist with reporting from the project management tool where required
Skills and Knowledge:
- At least one year within a project management role or working in PMO with a career pathway into project management.
- Experience of the end to end project life cycle from project initiation through to closure
- Experience of both agile and waterfall project management methods
- Experience of working in a dynamic, fast paced environment with changing priorities
- Excellent organisation skills, able to manage multiple tasks and projects
- Confidence to communicate, negotiate and influence varying levels of stakeholders both internal and external
- Able to build rapport with others
- Resilient individual with the ability to work calmly under pressure
- Diligence and attention to detail to ensure work is delivered to a high standard
- Able to work independently but be a key contributor to a highly efficient team
- PRINCE 2 or equivalent is advantageous but not essential
- Experience of Celoxis Project Management tool is advantageous but not essential