A global market leader in providing business travel solutions to corporates around the world are on the hunt for a Software Test & Release Manager close to their London or Paris office (the position is mostly home-based).
The job holder will be part of a cross-company team supporting supply technology initiatives, and playing a critical role, formulating and executing Test Strategies, ensuring the right testing environments are maintained, and that thorough release management processes are followed so all teams can accept what is about to be released. This is a pivotal role with exposure to various teams across the Group and of utmost importance for the success of our supply technology initiatives.
Release Management Processes
· Coordinate and thoroughly document release notes content based on the product development backlog
· Manage relationships and coordinate work between teams at different locations
· Communicate all feature release & hotfix related notes content
· Participate with the QA teams in Release Readiness reviews, Milestone Reviews, and Business Go/No-Go reviews
· Release related reporting
· Forward Plan where needed in line with agile methodology
· Manage risks and resolve issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality
· Measure and monitor progress to ensure features are delivered on time
· Negotiate, plan and manage all release activities
· Ensure alignment across key partners and vendors on release deliverables to ensure our project timelines are aligned with their timelines.
· Continually work towards making improvements in the release process
· Maintains a release repository and manages key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists.
· Perform and sign-off smoke testing or basic validation testing post each release in all agreed areas
Work with the project & product managers to ensure the feature is fit for purpose and work with them to identify and manage risks & issues
Formulate and execute solid test strategies with clear owners and sign-off criteria
Capture impacted business processes and design a test plan based on business processes & scenarios
Identification of suitable test data and testing tools to be used during testing
Identify a suitable test team and secure resource availability
Testing to also include validation and downstream integration testing in the Supply MarketPlace ecosystem with a focus on supply
Plan and schedule feature-complete items, integration and hotfix or service pack testing and test execution
Undertake hands-on testing when appropriate
Coordinate testing across various departments and external vendors when needed
Lead a testing bug triage process, assigning the right priority on issues, ensuring all teams works on the highest priority items to ensure timelines are not impacted
Test Environment Configurations & Maintenance
Ensure test environments are pointed to the right supply settings
Ensure vendors are pointed to the correct test environments
Carry out regular test environment reviews to ensure they are optimized and ready
Strong experience as a Test Manager and Release Manager with exposure to travel
Strong travel industry experience is a must
Able to work with SMEs, understand business processes & convert into test plans
Logical, structured approach to testing
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Strong planning and organizational skills
Strong analytical and reporting skills
Strong Team player with proven people management skills
Demonstrates resilience with customer orientation
This position is home based with only few days a year spent in the office.