The ideal candidate will be confident in working alone and as part of a team on multiple and varied projects.
Key accountabilities or responsibilities of the job
· Designing and building websites with a focus on UI/UX, making sure they are responsive and accessible on all devices.
· Conceptualizing and wireframing website designs to effectively communicate ideas and gather feedback.
· Delivering new and innovative designs for clients, while engaging with clients throughout the design process and providing comprehensive support to ensure the successful launch and operation of their website.
· Communicating project progress, issues, and risks to stakeholders in a timely and transparent manner and negotiating and managing expectations as needed.
· Comprehensive website build testing, as part of the project’s UAT process.
· Providing support for existing clients via company’s Support System.
· Scheduling client meetings to discuss site builds and resolve any issues or concerns.
· Effectively coordinating personal time across multiple projects.
· Implementing comprehensive optimization techniques to maximize website performance and efficiency.
· Developing responsive designs for optimal viewing experiences across various devices and platforms, ensuring cross-browser compatibility.
Other responsibilities of the job
· Provide accurate estimations and ensure precise quoting for potential work.
· Staying up to date with advances in development technologies and techniques and identifying opportunities to incorporate them into the team's work.
· Maintaining up-to-date knowledge on emerging design trends, tools, and technologies to incorporate into projects.
· Demonstrating proficiency in design tools like Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, XD).
· Solid understanding of design principles, typography, colour theory, and layout techniques.
· Excellent understanding of current web design principles, HTML and CSS.
· Up-to-date knowledge of SEO and best practices for web optimization.
· Experience of using visual design programs such as Photoshop, Illustrator and Adobe XD.