We have a great opportunity for a Junior IT Project Manager to join a leading Tech company in the motoring industry.
· Reporting into ‘Head of Programme Delivery’
· Manage the successful delivery of projects and workstreams within the agreed time, cost and quality criteria to ensure that business requirements and stakeholder expectations are met.
· Analyse the performance of projects and recommend/implement corrective actions as required.
· Develop and maintain appropriate project disciplines and controls to ensure successful and controlled project delivery.
· Identify, evaluate and manage risks to the project, implementing appropriate actions to mitigate risk using risk management techniques.
· Produce project documentation in line with the agreed methodology and provide regular, timely and accurate updates on progress.
· Provide project management direction to the programme team to ensure successful delivery.
· Ensure that project management principles are understood and embedded throughout the project lifecycle
Competencies and Past Experience:
· Exposure to the full software development life cycle and agile development practices.
· Previous experience managing the delivery of software applications and systems.
· Understanding of project management techniques and disciplines.
· Experience of managing small to medium scale projects in a technical environment.
· Experience of managing multiple cross-functional stakeholders, both internal and external.
· Driven business solution identification and project initiation.
· Proficient in use of MS project, Excel, word and PowerPoint.
· Preferably degree educated.
· Working knowledge of Prince2 methodology and project management principles and/or Prince2 Agile would be advantageous.
· Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
In the current situation you will work from home, with some visits to the office.