Purpose of the role:
Responsible for new business development activities, with a strong focus on customer acquisition in the UK and Europe, growing profitable revenue.
- Build, manage and develop a substantial new business pipeline, ensuring that all activity is accurately documented and kept up to date by maintaining CRM.
- Actively and professionally manage the entire sales cycle from lead generation and management to prospecting, preparing value propositions, and negotiating and closing commercial agreements.
- Collaborate in the development and execution of the sales strategy.
- Respond to tenders, RFPs and other requests for information in a timely and organised manner.
- Be fully aware and accountable of sales targets, making sound and profitable commercial decisions, to identify and close opportunities to increase revenue both in successful new business acquisition and from the existing customer base.
- Achieve personal objectives and provide a significant financial contribution to the commercial objectives.
- Input into developing and implementing a sales strategy across the target markets, ensuring that any recommendations are supported by clear and identified ROI.
- Work closely with colleagues from around the business to maximise cross-selling opportunities and to contribute positively to the achievement of team objectives, adopting a ‘one team’ mentality and working as a true team player.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Proactive, driven and motivated
- Has strong relationship skills, with the ability to develop and build profitable and successful working relationships
- Open communication skills
- Innovative – new thinking, flexible and resourceful
- Responsive team member
- Energetic – see areas of improvement and willingness to implement them Selfless and ethical – think about the company from an overview perspective
- Quality and accuracy, right from the beginning
- A forward-looking perspective – follow up, use the knowledge and want to improve.
- And must come from a new commercial, or sales role in the B2B travel industry